The statistics show

That at least 10% of the firearms owners in the US vote for the Democrat Party and favor Democratic Socialism

Gun Ownership and Uncontrollable Anger Go Hand in Hand, Study Shows

The more guns you own the more likely you are to be subject to angry outbursts that you cannot control.

This conclusion about Americans and their guns comes from a study published this week in the journal Behavioral Sciences. Researchers found that some 9 percent of people in the United States have both guns and significant anger issues.

“The new research also indicates that the 310 million firearms estimated to be in private hands in the United States are disproportionately owned by people who are prone to angry, impulsive behavior and have a potentially dangerous habit of keeping their guns close at hand,” the Los Angeles Times reports. “That’s because people owning six or more guns were more likely to fall into both of these categories than people who owned a single gun.”

The study, by psychology researchers from Duke, Harvard and other universities, states that “a large number of individuals in the United States self-report patterns of impulsive angry behavior and also possess firearms at home (8.9%) or carry guns outside the home (1.5%).”

Methinks they had a conclusion and built a study to show it off.

But, I have always said that 10% of any population will spoil it for the other 90%.

At least my theory was proven correct, even if theirs is defective.

This entry was posted in Academia and Other Nonsense, Have Gun, Will Travel. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to The statistics show

  1. tkdkerry says:

    “…people owning six or more guns were more likely to fall into both of these categories…”

    Holy frak, where does that leave most of your readers? I’m guessing we’re lapsing into an insane rage no less than 12 times a day, given that kind of correlation.

  2. rusty muskets says:

    somewhere back in college in an upper division stat course, regression and correlation analysis, if I remember it correctly the professor stated on more than one occasion, “statistics don’t lie, but liars use statistics.” Without the knowledge of the parameters used, the outcome becomes useless at best or at least meaningless in total.

  3. Pingback: These things are driving me mad! | Random Nuclear Strikes

  4. emdfl says:

    Like to know who exactly were the self-reporting individuals were. Can’t think of any group less likely to talk to the shrinks from those mentioned socialist-hellhole colleges than gun owners.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.